We’ve compiled a list of state by US State assistance programs suitable for single mothers / single parents or low income persons. We’ve carefully gone through every single one of the 50 US States and listed all the major assistance programs that target single parents / single dads / single mothers.
Those assistance programs include:
- Federal Assistance Programs (help programs for low income persons such as single moms that are FEDERAL in nature and available nation wide — sometimes called ‘public benefits’ or low income assistance programs or welfare programs)
- State Assistance Programs (help programs organized by your local state and available to RESIDENTS of that specific state)
- Non-Profit Assistance (programs offered by non profits / charities that target low income persons)
- Private Assistance (other businesses or programs that may not be government or non-profit based, but which offer a better, lower cost alternative to such things like child care and transportation )
- Other (other links and assistance ideas / programs)
Each state article gives specific programs in the actual state that offer specific financial assistance help, childcare assistance, legal assistance, medical assistance, transportation assistance, and food assistance programs. We give as MUCH information as possible about what’s available in each state when it comes to assistance.
If you find any new assistance programs for a specific state, please share in the comments. Our aim is to keep these articles updated each and every year.